ISO 45001: 2018
ISO 45001:2018 is the standard that establishes the requirements to implement a Safety and Health Management System. It was approved in February 2018, and continues with the work of OHSAS 18001 standard. It will be applied to prevent occupational risks and to protect safety and health of companies.
Software ISO 45001:2018
Occupational Health and Safety Management System
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has decided to create ISO 45001:2018 mainly by the figures that represent the standard that will replace: OHSAS 18001. 40 versions of this standard can be counted (translation and adaptation for 40 countries) and around 1000,000 certificates worldwide.
On the other hand, the lack of an ISO standard for Occupational Safety and Health raised doubts in organizations that want to integrate their management systems when they want to certify quality, environment, safety and health at work. For all this, ISO decided to design an international standard in this area.
Having an Occupational Health and Safety Management System under ISO 45001: 2018 brings many benefits to the company, such as the following:
- Develop and implement a policy on occupational health and safety.
- Establish systematically the context of the organization and take into account the risks, opportunities and legal requirements.
- Determine the dangers and risks associated with the activities, trying to eliminate them as much as possible or establish controls that minimize the effects they generate.
- Increase awareness of the safety and health of workers and management.
- Evaluate Safety and Health at Work seeking an improvement, through the implementation of appropriate actions.
- Ensure that employees have a fundamental role in terms of occupational hazards, combining them with other measures that ensure the reputation of a company as a safe place of work.
- Improve the facilities, so that they comply with the regulations.
- Reduce the costs generated by accidents.
- Reduce costs in downtime or interruption of work.
- Reduce the cost of insurance premiums.
- Reduce turnover rates due to absenteeism and workers.
Daruma Software for ISO 45001 eases the management of guidelines, policies, processes and procedures for greater operational efficiency, allowing companies to comply with mandatory standards and allowing people to reduce non-quality costs and make better use of time.
They will be able to remove nonconformities and mitigate risks in order to guarantee occupational health and safety of employees, providers and customers.
Do you want to know more?
Leave us your data and we will contact you to expand information.